This past Sunday the Weasels participated in the Outspoken Entertainment Trivia tournament at Tijuana Joes in Sandy Springs. We had a reasonable showing but, alas, did not win. For your entertainment, here are the questions and answers from the Tournament
(The answers are hidden after each question; highlight to see them.)
A few words on scoring. There are a total of 4 rounds each with 5 questions. FOr the first four questions in each round you assign a point value of 1, 3, 5 or 7 to your answer as you turn it in. (Each number may only be used once per round.)
The bonus rounds have multiple parts and you receive points for each part you answer correctly. On some bonus rounds you can lose points; the points for the answer are deducted from your score if you are incorrect. The number of points for each answer in the bonus rounds varies from round to round.
You have approximately 3-4 minutes (the length of one song played by the DJ) in which to answer each question. The bonus rounds usually last for two songs.
Round 1 - Minnesota, Geography, Sports, "I Didn't Go to Burger King"
1) Minnesota - What Minnesota tourist attraction boasts "Camp Snoopy", the world's largest indoor theme park?
Mall of America
2) Geography - What US State is due south of Alaska?
3) Sports - What racquet sport involves "Bashing a Bird"?
4) "I Didn't Go to Burger King" - In the movie Pulp Fiction, according to the character Vincent Vega, what do they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in France?
A Royale with Cheese
Bonus) 5 answers, 2 points each, -2 points for incorrect answers
According to deathpenaltyinfo.org, what are the officially authorized methods of execution that have been used by the US government?
Electrocution, Firing Squad, Gas, Hanging, Injection
Round 2 - Guinness Book of World Records, Muhammed Ali, Shrinks, Music
1) Guinness Book of World Records - Who is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the most successful entertainer of all time?
2) Muhammad Ali - What disease was Muhammad Ali diagnosed with in 1984?
3) Shrinks - What was psychologist Arnold Gesell the first to look through when observing patients?
A one-way mirror
4) Music - What line comes next? "Don't speak, I know just what you're saying. So please stop explaining."
Don't tell me 'cause it hurts ("Don't Speak" by No Doubt)
Bonus) 5 answers, 2 points each, no penalty for wrong answers
Who were the top five highest earning golfers in 2008 (including endorsements) according to forbes.com?
Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, V.J. Singh, Greg Norman, Sergio Garcia
Round 3 - Classic Films, Emperors, Hockey, Potpourri
1) Classic Films - Who danced with a mouse in the film Anchors Aweigh?
2) Emperors - What country's last emperor, Henry Pu Yi, died in 1967?
3) Hockey - What jersey number did the NHL retire on April 19, 1999?
99 (belonging to Wayne Gretzky)
4) Potpourri - Within one year either way, in what year was Adolf Hitler born?
Bonus) 17 answers, 1 point each, 3 bonus points (for a total of 20) if all 17 are correct. No penalty for wrong answers.
There are 17 member nations of the United Nations who's names start with the letter "B". Name them.
Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi
Round 4 - Spelling, Religion, Deaths, Potpourri
1) Spelling - According to Merriam-Webster, how do you spell hors d'oeuvers?
hors d'oeuvers (Easy in a text quiz, isn't it?)
2) Religion - What are Catholics belonging to an order founded in 1532 by Ignacius Loyola called?
3) Deaths - The first woman to be executed by the US Government was done so in association with who's death?
4) Potpourri - What berries did pregnant women in the middle ages avoid for fear of their babies being born with birthmarks?
Bonus) 16 questions, 3 points each, -3 points for each incorrect answer
a) What state can split into 5 separate states in times of crisis?
b) How many Israeli athletes were killed at the Munich Olympics?
c) What fashion magazines featured Bev Johnson as its first black cover girl in 1974?
d) What animal is most commonly associated with spreading Yellow Fever?
e) Who is credited with saying "When the going gets tough, the tough get going"?
f) Who has the record for both the most passing touchdowns and the most passing interceptions for the Atlanta Falcons?
g) Who has the most rushing attempts for the Atlanta Falcons?
h) Who has the most receiving yards for the Atlanta Falcons?
i) Who has the most field goals for the Atlanta Falcons?
j) Who has the highest single-season passing rating for the Atlanta Falcons?
k) The Italian Lira was replaced by the Euro in what year?
l) In what decade did the first Starbucks open?
m) The rock band "The Police" broke up in what year?
n) The Godfather II was released in what year?
o) The Matrix Reloaded was released in what year?
p) Hitler was appointed Chancellor of Germany in what year?